Contact us for all your questions
Which Z-wave module is best?
Which Z-wave module is better Qubino of FIBARO?
(what are the differences)
Note: Next to FIBARO and Qubino there are more suppliers of Z-wave insert modules. The mentioned ones are most used.
Most smart home users are familiar with FIBARO en there insert modules. Next to FIBARO ROBBshop sells Qubino, of which we are official importer. We often get the question what modules is best. The answer is not as easy as the answer. It depends on your personal preference, the controller you use and the lights you use.
9.1 Controller brand
It will not suprise you that the combination FIBARO-FIBARO is a good one. Why you might ask yourself?
Z-wave modules are complex modules and they have their own memory to store some settings. How these parameters are presented differs per controller.
Example of parameter settings in a FIBARO-FIBARO combination:
Example of parameter settings in a Vera-FIBARO combination (UI5):
from the images above you can see that parameter settings are more easy when using the same make controller as modules. It doesnt mean you cannot change the settings, its just easier when there is text explaning what the parameter setting does.
9.2 Different options of Z-wave smart home modules.
Next to making the right choice of the controller the choice of modules is also important. For example, FIBARO dimmer and blind modules offer multigesture options like double and tripple press actions (through parameter 41). This Qubino options lacks this functionality. Qubino modules do offer power metering (which is now available on the dimmer V2 by FIBARO). Qubino modules have the option to connect a temperature temperature sensor. Qubino modules need a blue wire and a only work with a momentary button (Other dimmer modules work with 2-wire connections). FIBARO modules have a maximum wattage of 500W with Triac (250W with mosfet technology for the V2 module) and Qubino modules can have a load of 200W with mosfet technologie. At the moment Mosfet-dimtechnology is the best technology for dimming LED's. On the other hand, Mosfet is very sensitive to signal sent by provider to swith on the public lights etc.
Differences between Z-wave smart home modules, summary:
Qubino does, FIBARO some, only v2 of the modules do.
FIBARO does, Qubino only V2 of the modules.
Version 1 qubino modules can only switch 230V. The newer modules work as a relais and therefore they can be used for alternative current or potential free. smart home relais modules off you great possibilities, as you can see in our garagedoorproject.
Qubino works with mosfet technology, FIBARO v1 was triac, but their new dimmer V2 is also Mosfet, but it stills needs a dimmer bypass. Mosfet is the best technology for low voltage.
The First FIBARO dimmer can dim up to 500W, the V2 version can dim up to 250W. For lower wattages there are dimmerbypasses available for loads < 25Watt. For the dimmer v2 FIBARO has developed a special dimmer bypass.
Qubino modules cannot be used with double and tripple press commands. Some FIBARO modules (dimmer and blind module) do have that option. See this video. With Z-wave scene activation (parameter 41) you can start a scene by 2clicks or 3clicks. to make this work you need a momentary button.
Z-wave smart home switchgear;
The smart home module will replace the switch in the junctionbox. The module therefore will controll the load (light). The switch is connected to the smart home automation module. Both the switch as a command from the Z-wave controller are inputs for the Z-wave module. There are differentt types of switches. Most people have on/off switches (bistable) installed, for smart home systems its better to use momentary switches. We at ROBbshop understand this sounds confusing, thats why we wrote an article about different types of switches.
As mentioned before, the best smart home module is the modules that complies to your expertations. Based on this information you should be able to choose the right module.
- Sale!Qubino Z-wave plus dimmer 200W with Mosfet technology. 3 wire system, suitable for most lights (including LED). Works without dimmer bypass. Works with normal switch and with momentary pushbutton
Dimmer 200W Z-Wave Plus QUBINO
- The FIBARO Insert Switch 2 allows controlling two independent loads both via Z-Wave wirelessly and locally utilizing a traditional wall switch. The maximum load per switch is 1500W.Click here for an overview of all the FIBARO modules and their specification.
Insertswitch 2*1.5 Kw FIBARO€59.95
- Sale!Qubino Z-wave 2300W insert switch. Works with 3 wire system, suitable for most lights (including LED). With z-wave plus chip. Choose this module if you want to have a relais function
Flush 1d Relay Switch Z-Wave QUBINO
- Smart dimmer for smartcontrol of your lights. Fits behind your existing switch (depth >50 mm). A Z-wave smart dimmer offers endless possibilities. Build your lights together or operate them with a switch from another location. Did you know that logged in customers have benefits? We also have a ROBBsmart dimmer alternative.
Dimmer 250W Z-Wave Plus V2 FIBARO€54.95
- Sale!Qubino Z-wave 2x920W. 3 wire system, suitable for most lights (including LED). With z-wave plus chip
Double Relayswitch QUBINO
- Sale!Qubino Z-wave plus 0-10 volt dimmer. Can directly dim lights and appliances with 0-10V signal.
Dimmer 0-10v Z-Wave Plus QUBINO
- 14 day return policy
- Reach us Almost always
- Ordered before 17.00 shipped today
- Over 3000 positive reviews
- Standard 2 year warranty
- Call us at +31737620762
- Qubino Z-wave single relais switch with a max load of 10A (2300Watt) and Z-wave plus chip. If you want to use this module for 230V systems, then also take a look at this module.
Single Switch 2300w Z-Wave Plus QUBINO€59.95
- Sale!Qubino DINrail dimmer module for 35mm DIN rail. Based on the Z-wave plus chipset and with Mosfet technology and powermetering.
Dinrail Dimmer Z-Wave QUBINO
- EOLThis module is replaced by the new Rollershutter V3 module.Rollershutter module for 230V shuttermotors. It's placed behind the excisting switch, that keeps working. What you get is option to remotely controll you blinds from you iphone of from wihtin a scene. Its only 20mm thick so it fits in a 50mm deep patress box. The Qubino version is 3mm slimmer.When you have a 12 or 24V motor you should use this module.Not sure what module you need? click here.
Rollershutter V2 FIBARO EOL€59.99
- RGBW controller to control all your coloured LED strips. But you can also use this controller to read out the values of 0-10 volt sensors.
Rgbw Led Controller FIBARO€47.99
- Z-wave blind control for z-wave networks.
Rollershutter Module Powermetering Z-wave PHILIOTHECH€49.95
- Sale!Z-wave insert module 2x1,5kw module with power metering in Watt and kWh.
Insertmodule 2x1.5kw Powermetering
- Sale!The Aeon Labs Micro Switch is a module to switch lights inside your Z-wave network. 3-wire design switch Switch your lights remotely
Micro Switch Z-wave AEONLABS
- FIBARO Walli Z-wave compatible switchunit for lights up to 2200W load.
Switchunit 2200W Z-Wave Plus FIBARONot yet known
- FIBARO Walli Z-wave compatible walloutlet for loads up to 3500W load. No Z-wave!
Walloutlet 3500W Type E Z-Wave Plus FIBARO
- FIBARO Walli Z-wave compatible switch for lights up to 2200W load.
Switch 2200W Walli Z-Wave Plus FIBARO
- FIBARO Walli double Z-wave compatible switch for lights up 2900watt per channel.
Double Switch Walli FIBARO
- FIBARO Walli Z-wave compatible smartdimmer for ligths up to 350W load.
Dimmer 350W Z-Wave Plus V2 FIBARO
- Rollershutter module for 230V shuttermotors. It's placed behind the excisting switch, that keeps working. What you get is option to remotely controll you blinds from you iphone of from wihtin a scene. Its only 20mm thick so it fits in a 50mm deep patress box. The Qubino version is 3mm slimmer.When you have a 12 or 24V motor you should use this module.Not sure what module you need? click here.
Rollershutter V3 FIBARO€59.99
- FIBARO Walli Z-wave compatible rollershutter module for loads up to 2200W load.
Dimmerunit 2200W walli Z-Wave Plus FIBARONot yet known