Contact us for all your questions
What is a Z-wave scene
- Registered customer recieve benefits!Fibaro's Home Center 2 is the brain of FIBARO's Z-wave smart home system. This gateway has the best specifications and the fastest processor of all Z-wave controllers available. There is also a black version.Did you know that you can try this home center 2 before you buy it? Ask us for details and login to our demo Home Center 2. Not sure which Home Center to buy, click here.
Home Center 2 FIBARO499.00
- The FIBARO Homecenter Lite. A real smart Z-wave smarthome controller. It can control up to 230 Z-wave modules. New plugin option to controller other smart home devices like Philips HUE, and sonos. You want to test our demo-system? Click here (sent us an email for login codes).When you want to know de differences between de Home Center Lite and the Home Center 2 read here.
Home Center Lite FIBARO248.99
- FIBARO starterset based on the FIBARO Home Center Lite.
Homecenter Lite Starterkit FIBARO499.00
- Sale!Registered customer recieve benefits!Fibaro's Home Center 2 is the brain of FIBARO's Z-wave smart home system. This gateway has the best specifications and the fastest processor of all Z-wave controllers available. Did you know that you can try this home center 2 before you buy it? Ask us for details and login to our demo Home Center 2. Not sure which Home Center to buy, click here.
Home Center 2 Black FIBARO
- Sale!FIBARO easy start pack. 2 wallplugs, a FIBARO motion sensor and the populair FIBARO home center lite are the ingredients of a easy to install package.
Home Center Lite HclFIBARO
What does a 'scene' do in a smart home network?
To explain the term 'scene' in a smart home environment we need to back to how a smart home scene is setup. A smart home system is build around the following components:
- Z-wave gateway (heart of your smart home, a pc running smart home software);
- One or more actors (Smart home switches, smart home dimmers dimmers, blind control, etc)
- One or more sensors (Smart home motion sensor , temperature sensor, Door&window sensor, etc)
- One or more scenes.
Back to scenes. A scene is build up around 2 basic things
1) A trigger, something that makes the scene run.
2) One or more actions, for example lights in the bathroom on, or the heating back to 20 degrees
What is a trigger?
A trigger in a smart home environment can be a lot of things. such as:
- Triggers based on time (everyday at 20.00, at sunset, only mondays at 10.00).
- Triggers based on a device (smart home actor) that has changed status (on/off)
When light1 goes on also turn light 2 on
- Triggers based on information given by a smart home sensor;
When a doorsensor is tripped switch on the light (video)
There are many sorts of triggers (depending on your controller) and even more actions they can perfom:
- Triggers based on your location by Gbasis van de locatie van uw telefoon (GPS, automatisch de lamp aan als u in de buurt van uw woning komt)
- Triggers op basis van het (internet) weer (bij regen automatisch de zonwering sluiten_
- Triggers op basis van het wijzigen van een variabele. (bijvoorbeeld een variabale 'thuis' die op 0 of 1 staat, afhankelijk van of u thuis bent of niet).
Next to triggers you can also use Z-wave associations. What this is and how it works you can find here.