Contact us for all your questions
Z-wave video-intercom system
Z-wave video intercom with birectional speech.
Update : 15-12-2015 As from today the RING doorbel has IFTT integration. Using the maker-app its possible to sent commands to for example a FIBARO Homecenter. See also our OpenTherm project where we use this option.
Many people are asking us about the FIBARO video intercom system. The FIBARO video intercom is not been announced yet. We are not sure this will be available then, so we decided to develop our own Z-wave doorbell with video and audio. Read below what is can and how we fixed it.
RING WiFi connected video doorbell with speech
The RING video doorbel is a standalone doorbel intercom with speech. Although it has a internal battery, we adivce you to connect it to your excisting doorbell so it will be charged by the doorbell trafo. Once connected to your WiFi your good to go. Install the RING via your smartphone app!
Z-wave connection with the RING
Unfortunatly this smart home intercom doesnt support Z-wave, so ROBBshop has created a connection. There are 2 options to add Z-wave functionality to the RING video intercom.
Option 1 : Via Wallplug
After installing and connecting the RING doorbel you only need to plug the Chime into the Wallplug and voilá. The Chime uses energy (because it plays a sound) when the doorbel is pressed. Based on the actual power usage you can start a scene that sends a push message to your phone.
Thanks to Kariem!
Option 2 : Via FIBARO Universal Sensor
The problem we ran into was the fact that a doorbell works on 8VAC and the binary sensor needs a potential free contact. We couldnt use the relais from our other project since this relais works on DC voltage only. We found a suitable relais and with this we were able to create the connection. The FIBARO Universal sensor can trigger a scene in the Z-wave controller. Voilla!
The scematic figure of the Z-wave video intercom looks as follows:
Detail : Connections Z-wave doorbel
- The ring doorbel is fitted and connected of the place from the old pushbutton
- In parralel you connect 2 extra wires (the red wires) and connect these to the AC power of the relais
- The binaire sensor has its own 12VDC powersupply
- The green and the blue wire from the binary sensor are connected to the NO side of the relais.
(instead of the green you can also take the yellow, this is the 2nd input of the binary switch)
When the pushbutton of the ringbel is operated the binary sensor should sent a message to the FIBARO controller.
Installation video for the RING doorbel
- Sale!De FIBARO intercom system is coming early 2015. We keep you posted.
Smart Intercom System FIBARO
- Sale!Following the succes of the Ring doorbell 1 and Pro: The Ring 2. On top of the full HD live video capabilities, the Ring 2 adds features such as customisable motion sensor zones, and swappable battery packs.
Smart Doorbell 2 RING
- Easy to use DINrail fitting module for FIBARO's binary sensor.
Dinrail Box Universal Sensor FIBARO12.95
- Easy to use mounting box for FIBARO's binary sensor.
Fitting Box Universal Sensor4.95
- 10-13VAC single relais.
10-13V AC Relays Switch12.50
- 12 Volt / 6.5Ampere power supply.
- 14 day return policy
- Reach us Almost always
- Ordered before 17.00 shipped today
- Over 3000 positive reviews
- Standard 2 year warranty
- Call us at +31737620762
- 24 volt 6A power supply.
24 Volt Power Supply 6a26.95
- 12 volt / 2A power supply universal with connector.
Powersupply 12v 2a16.50
- FIBARO Smart Implant. Make any device smart. With the DS18B20 temp sensor you can measure up to 6 temperatures. Works with Home center firmware 4.056 or higher
Smart Implant FIBARO44.95