Dimmer with great potential. Integration with FIBARO Home Center is perfect, but works with most populair controllers. Our no.1 dimmer. Works with momentary and bi-stable switches (then dimming only via interface or app).
- A smart dimmer that fits behind an excisting switch for automatic control of your lights. Or control it via an app
What can you do with it?
- Dim all dimmable lights - Check the powerconsumption - Start smart scenes to make things happen automaticly - Connect a switch wireless to a light in another place without a black wire - Turn of all you lights with 1 button of use it for home-simulation
What do you need?
- A Z-wave controller. - A pushbutton when you want to dimm the lights via the switch itself - A patress box of 50 mm deep - Small wire connectors
- Old fashioned dimmers are not usable - Use a dimmer bypass if the light will not turn of completely - Get a discount when you create an account
- All different FIBARO modules are found here
FIBARO FGD -212 Z -Wave plus lamp dimmer works with most types of light sources . The Z-Wave dimmer can be connected to 2 -wire or 3 - wire system ( 1 ) . The dimmer can be the connected source switching and dimming , either through a Z-Wave controller or directly via the connected ( pulse ) wall switch . The dimmer automatically recognizes the connected device has an automatic overload protection , shutdown and soft start function . In the case of an old type of fluorescent light or older types of transformers , only the on / off function , it should then be set up through your Z-Wave gateway by some parameters.
You can also use a normal switch ( bistable switch) , only you can not use the dimmer on the switch (only through the app or through your browser ) . A pulse switch does have the ability to switch and dim .
Video : install the FIBARO dimmer 2 module without N-wire
Video : install the FIBARO dimmer 2 module with N-wire
Using the FIBARO dimmer 2 as range tester.
Parameters setting :
The FIBARO Dimmer 2 has many advanced configuration options, the most useful of them are listed and described below:
2. Maximum brightness level Available settings: 2 – 99 Default setting: 99
NOTE: These parameters are set automatically during the calibration process but may be adjusted manually after the calibration. The maximum level (parameter 2) must be greater than the minimum level (parameter 1).
13. Force auto-calibration Changing value of this parameter will force the calibration process. During the calibration parameter is set to 1 or 2 and switched to 0 upon completion. Available settings: 0 – readout 1 – force auto-calibration of the load without FIBARO Bypass 2 – force auto-calibration of the load with FIBARO Bypass Default setting:0
19. Forced switch on brightness level If the parameter is active, switching on the Dimmer (S1 single click) will always set this brightness level. Available settings: 0 – function disabled 1-99 – percentage level of brightness Default setting:0
20. Switch type Choose between momentary switch, toggle switch and roller blind switch. Available settings: 0 – momentary switch 1 – toggle switch 2 – Roller blind switch – two switches operate the Dimmer (S1 to brighten, S2 to dim) Default setting:0
26. The function of 3-way switch Switch no. 2 controls the Dimmer additionally (in 3-way switch mode). Function disabled for parameter 20 set to 2 (roller blind switch). Available settings: 0 – 3-way switch function for S2 disabled 1 – 3-way switch function for S2 enabled Default setting:0
29. Switch functionality of S1 and S2 Available settings: 0 – standard mode 1 – S1 operates as S2, S2 operates as S1 Default setting:0
32. On/Off mode This mode is necessary while connecting non-dimmable light sources. Setting this parameter to 1 automatically ignores brightening/dimming time settings. Forced auto calibration will set this parameter’s value to 2. Available settings: 0 – on/off mode disabled (dimming is possible) 1 – on/off mode enabled (dimming is not possible) 2 – mode selected automatically Default setting: 2
34. Soft-Start functionality Time required to warm up the filament of halogen bulb. Available settings: 0 – no soft-start 1 – short soft-start (0,1s) 2 – long soft-start (0,5s) Default setting: 1
(1) 2 wire system vs 3 wire system.
A 2 wire system doesnt need a neutral wire in the patress box, whereas a 3-wire system does need a blue wire (to power the module itself). A z-wave switch normaly needs a 3-wire setup, wereas a z-wave dimmer doenst need a blue wire, and therefore a dimmer is a 2-wire system.
Review by J.R. Dijkstra / (Posted on 18/04/2016) Zeer fijne dimmer. Bijgevoegde handleiding is wat summier, maar met de fibaro HC2 zie je wat alle variabelen doen. Is dikker dan de dimmer 1, maar dat leverde in mijn installatie geen problemen op. Deze dimmer stelt zichzelf in op de lamp die eraan hangt, en werkt dus met led, tl, gloeilamp, spaarlamp etc. Voor deze dimmers speciaal de Jung 531-41u , een impulsdrukker met twee maakkontakten aangeschaft. Met deze impulsdrukker klik je bovenaan aan/dimmen naar aan, en onder uit/dimmen naar uit. Parameter 20 op 2 (roller/shutter) en klaar.