Z-wave sensor that works with a magnet contact. The sensor concists out of 2 parts. A seperate temperature sensor can be added, as well as the option to use it as a reed-contact. With the reed contact you can make any signal smart.
The FIBARO Raam/Deursensor is a smart sensor with Z-wave Plus. It works on batteries and can be fitted where you want. It comes with double sided tape and screws
The sensor can be used in 4 different ways 1 Door-window sensor; Check the status of your door or window. Most used appliance. 2 Additional temperature sensor; Works with door-window function, middels een DS18B20 (sold seperately); 3 Binairy contact; Connect non-zwave input devices like switches to your Z-wave network. 4 Multiswitch; by clicking 1,2 or 3 times you can start a scene
Video : Adding the sensor to your network
Applications: As stated befor, the sensor can be used in different ways.
1. Door window sensor. Most used. Recieve information about the status of you door/window. Even when you are not at home. Recieve a meesage when you active the alarm and there are still windows/doors open. Once the alarm is activated it will protect your house from intruders.
2. Extension with a temperature sensor You can connect a DS18b20 temperature sensor. We have 2 versions, a normal one and a waterproof one. Installation is easy. Install it as shown on the picture below. The flat part show face downward. Please install the sensor before including the device in your network. Be aware that the sensor will only sent temperature updates at the wake-up interval.
3) As binairy contact. Use the inputs to connect a non-smart switch and make it smart. Be aware of the fact that the device must have a dry contact. You can use this option to connect an external reed contact that is waterproof and can be placed outside on the gate. Via the wire you transfer the signal into your house where the FIBARO sensor turns it into a Z-wave signal. See the next video.
4) as scene switch. De main body of the sensor can be used as pushbutton. Probably not the most used option as we also have the FIBARO button.
1) Automatic toilet light. With this sensor and a switch or dimmer module you can easily make a script for an automatic lightscene for the toilet. (only home center 2)
2) Rolluik rollershutter safety. Use the FIBARO door windowsensor in combination with a FIBARO rolluikschakelaar to prevent the blinds to go down when the window is open. Click hier here for more info.
3) Use it as a doorbel Via binairy inputs you can use the mainbody as a input to create a smarthome doorbell. The magnet will no longer work