Contact us for all your questions
Smart Doorbel Z-wave
Smarthome Doorbel | Ding-Dong i see you
Based on existing doorbel.
Also see our Z-wave video intercom project.
The existing doorbell ( batteries) is a binary sensor FIBARO recorded. The push button and the actual bell are separated and there is the Z-wave sensor FIBARO interposed . The push button serves as input for the binary sensor. The output of the binary sensor switches the actual gong . Because the output of the binary sensor 150mA but can switch , there is a relay disposed between the bell and the output of the sensor. At first we used a 9V battery to power the binary sensor and relay , but this turned out to be empty every two days . The solution was found in a standard 12V power supply which operated both binary sensor as well as the relay.
Our Z-wave doorbell 1.0 on the basis of a binary FIBARO sensor ( universal sensor). When the push button is pressed, bell vd the following happens : - 1 input from the sensor gets a binary input - The binary sensor send a z-wave signal is input to the controller and activates one of the two outputs - The relay get switched Gong is activated via the relay. - The Z- Wave controller (such as Vera Edge of the FIBARO Home Center 2 ) is a trigger inside. - With the trigger get a scene started to v.oeren an action ( send push message, lamp in the hallway to , etc). Below are two videos , the first is a video in the Vera controller ( UI5 ) . and shows how to easily create a scene based on a trigger.
The second video shows how to make a scene with trigger in the Homecenter.
What follows is the connection diagram. Our doorbel works on batteries so you might need to change the wiring diagram a bit.
Connection scheme for smarthome doorbell conversion
(based on the new relais)
Connection scheme z-wave smarthome doorbell
There is also a prowl app app available for controller and smartphones. We made a start-up script in LUD (for Vera controlles). Or you can use the pushover application This works on iOs and Android devices.
FIBARO Home Center 2
The Home Center 2 has its own message system en therefore you don't need an extra message broker.
The script needs to be placed in LUA. Use your own token and user.
local http = require("socket.http")
http.TIMEOUT = 5
local MijnToken ='amqmps3wertwrt7kDtfdwertavgV6nrCpQU'
local MijnUser = 'uDb1FGUwertwertkertwerdwbypNNQgHJgkbq6f'
result, status = http.request("https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json", "token="..MijnToken.."&user="..MijnUser.."&message="..text.."")
To sent a pushmessage you need to add the following command.
This picture show where to place the function 'pushbericht'
Here you find a youtub movie of the Z-wave doorbel.
For more information see the ROBBshop youtube chanel
Our customer Fred has made an imporvement to save energy
"Time for an upgrade to a green Z-wave doorbell. With this variation you cut down the leakage current of the bell transformer that is always on. Thanks for your great site, it is an inspiration to tackle other sulfur projects."
- WiFi + BluetoothDe FIBARO intercom system is coming early 2015. We keep you posted.
Smart Intercom System FIBARO€899.00
- Z-wave doorbel for application in a domotical network
Z-Wave Home Automation Doorbel
- SALEZ-waveThe Universal Binary Sensor is a wireless module that makes it possible to improve the functionality of any sensor with a binary output by allowing it to communicate with the wireless Z-Wave system. For inspiration take a look at our Z-wave projects page in general and more specific our doorbel project.
Universal Binary Sensor FIBARO
- 12 Volt DC relaysswitch
12V Dc Switch Relays€5.00
- 12 Volt DC relaysswitch
12V Dc Relays 5pin€5.50
- 12/24 volt cable ledstrip
12-24V Cable Ledstrip€3.50
- 14 day return policy
- Reach us 24/7
- Ordered before 16:30 shipped today
- Over 2000 positive reviews
- Standard 2 year warranty
- Call us at +31737620762
- 10-13VAC single relais.
10-13V AC Relays Switch€12.50
- WiFiWith Doorbird you never miss a visitor at your frontdoor. Even if you are not at home! This is the Strato Silver version with stainless steel frontplate.
Smart Intercom Strato Rvs Doorbird€384.00
- SALEWiFiSee who is in front of your doorway, everywhere and always. This is a non Z-wave doorbell but this can be connected to your Z-wave system by a binairy sensor (you need a special relais). Also see our Z-wave smart video home project.
- WiFiThe Doorbird D204 doorbell is ideal because of its robust design, integrated letter box and executed in the so-called "fence assembling edition".
Doorbird Video Doorbell D204€1,016.00
- Z-wave PlusFIBARO Smart Implant. More info soon.
Smart Implant FIBARO€49.99