Contact us for all your questions
Smart meter cable integration
How to configure the Vera to work with the Smart Meter Cable
ATTENTION: Some Vera Edge's contain a OpenWRT firmware bug that doesn't register the USB port. To solve this bug please contact email@example.com and ask for the newer OpenWRT firmware. The link we received: http://download1204.mios.com/firmware/os_mt7620a/openwrt-ramips-mt7620a-na301-squashfs-sysupgrade-107.bin (use at your own risk)
A lot of people contact us with the question how to configure our Smart Meter Cable. Below you will find the step by step instructions (images based on UI5, but the process is the same)
The first step is to downoad the Plugin files. The newest version can be found here in the forum.
Now in the Vera go to: APPS > DEVELOP APPS > LUUP FILES
Here you can upload the files. Select the 4 files and click on Restart Luup after upload. Now press GO (in UI7 you can just drag and drop)
After uploading the files we need to manually create a new device. Click on Create Device
For the UPnP Name fill in: D_dutchSmartMeter.xml In Description you can give the device the name you want (i.e. Smart meter)
No worries, we are almost there. Now all we need to do is configure the Serial Port
Go to: APPS > DEVELOP APPS > SERIAL PORT CONFIGURATION
Now match the settings below:
BAUD : 9600
DATA BITS: 7
STOP BIT: 1
(For newer meters DSMR 4.0 the values are: 115200, 8, N, 1)
Used by device: Select here your earlier created device (i.e. Smart Meter)
After saving it will take a few moments to see all your meters.
- SALEBedraadThe smart-meter-cable works with most smart meters in Holland.- Works with Getvera and Raspberry PI/ Domoticz- Provides information about electricity and gas usage- It even shows how much your solar panels will produce
Smart Meter Cable
- Z-waveZipato p1 module to read out your smart meter.
P1 module for Zipabox€59.00
- Z-waveZipato Enocean module to connect your Z-wave system with this technology
Enocean module for Zipabox€69.00
- Z-waveZipato Serial module to connect your existing alarm or climate system to your Z-wave network
Serial module for Zipabox€50.00
- EOLZ-waveBenext Z-wave internet gateway, very useful for energy aware households. Build by a dutch company.
BeNext Internet gateway€399.00