Contact us for all your questions
Sensor on gate
Checking the outdoor gate
It doesnt matter wheather you live in a castle with a huge fence or in a normal house with a slightly less big gate in te garden. When you want status information you might want to consider this solution. Place a 'dum' sensor outdoor, connect it via a cable and connect it to your smart home sensor indoor. The signal stays indoor, the battery doesnt suffer from cold and its weatherproof.
What do you need?
- a Z-wave controller
- a smart door and windowsensor
- enough signalcable
- a 'standard' reedcontact
Fix the normal reedcontact on the gate of your house. Connect the cable on one end to the sensor and on the other end to the smart Z-wave sensor. After including the sensor into you Z-wave network, all should work. See video below.
- Z-wave PlusDoor Windowsensor with Z-wave Plus by FIBARO. Available in 7 colors. This Z-wave device can be used in multiple ways. A additinional temperature sensor is sold seperately.
Door window Sensor V2 FIBARO€49.95
- Z-waveBeNext z-wave window and door sensor. Expand your home automation system with security.
Door Window Sensor BENEXT€36.50
- SALEZ-waveThe Universal Binary Sensor is a wireless module that makes it possible to improve the functionality of any sensor with a binary output by allowing it to communicate with the wireless Z-Wave system. For inspiration take a look at our Z-wave projects page in general and more specific our doorbel project.
Universal Binary Sensor FIBARO
- Ideal sensor for outdoor use. Connect it to a Z-wave sensor and you have a smart sensor with long reach for outside.
Door Window Sensor Simple€8.95
- Z-wave PlusFIBARO Smart Implant. More info soon.
Smart Implant FIBARO€49.99