Contact us for all your questions
Do-it-yourself | Creating your own corddimmer
In this do-more-yourself section we will give you a few options to create your create a corddimmer based on a build-in dimmer.
We will be using either a FIBARO dimmer or a Qubino dimmer. The Qubino dimmer is slightly smaller and therefore it can be used in the first example.
We did some shopping at our local electro specialist.
1) Nikko switchbox complete
Here we have a problem with the FIBARO dimmer since its just to big. So we choose the Qubino dimmer. As you can see in the picture below the Qubino dimmer fits (only just) under the fysical switch.
What do we need?:
- A dimmable light with cord and plug;
- A NIKO pushbutton (Single or Double) and whipper;
(choose the white on);
- Use this construction box (EAN5413736264786);
- A plug with a cord (van je lamp);
- A Qubino module;
- Some wiring.
The project itself is quite basic. Put the Qubino module under the pushbutton in te construction box. Connect the wiring and make a littel hole in the cover to feed the cables.
Attention :The unit is not easy to unclick (push the base at the side where you see the screws).
Once assembled it looks like this (the whipper must still be fitted)
The cool part of this smart corddimmer is the fact that you are able to use the local button to operate the lamp. As an alternative you can use the 3D printed corddimmer where there is enough space for a FIBARO dimmer.
2) Busch&Jaeger switchbox with plug.
A more simple solution where you can even use 2 dimmers is the option by Busch en Jaeger. A little less sexy but still very functional. Plenty space for 2 dimmer. Only the local switch is missing. There is also a 4-plug version available. Another solution for this product is as alternative for our greenwave powernode, which is no longer available. With 2 double switches you easily create your own powernode.
What do we need
- A dimmable light with a plug;
- The schuko constructionbox (GTIN 8712507025838);
- The Construction box by Busch en Jaeger (GTIN 8712507002778);
- A FIBARO o4 Qubino module;
- Wires and a plug.
As you can see there is plenty room in the box for 2 modules
3) Constructionbox simple Busch and Jaeger
Another, even more simple, solution is the use of this ultra-basic construction box by Busch and Jaeger. With this option you dont have a local pushbutton, but you can add it easily. This will replace the excisting cordswitch.este de bestaande schakelaar verwijderen. Maar is is geheel aan jezelf.
What do we need:
- A Busch & Jaeger inbouwdoos
- A FIBARO or Qubino dimmer
- A light with a cable and plug
- Homemade cord switch where you can insert a FIBARO Module.
Cord Dimmer FIBARO€24.95
- Single momentary pushbutton from Niko.
Niko1V impuls button complete
Starting at: €4.95
- Z-wave PlusSmart corddimer als DIY project. You have to assemble it yourself and the cables,connector are not included.
Smart corddimmer Qubino
- SALEZ-wave PlusQubino Z-wave plus dimmer 200W with Mosfet technology. 3 wire system, suitable for most lights (including LED). Works without dimmer bypass.
Dimmer 250W Z-Wave Plus QUBINO